Friday 21 August 2020

Slide Film And Landscapes?

Jonathan Schlussel: i read my palm in the bright light (highlight), when the camera says its 1 stop over i know the exposure is correct mid grey is zone 5, every human beings palm in the world is zone 6, so make the meter read +1 or a stop over and your exposures will be correct...Show more

Zulema Baccam: What kind of slide film?Don't be using that movie film that has been repackaged for 35mm cameras, it does not have an anti-scratch coating.When slide film is processed, there is no negative. Negative film gives the lab a chance to correct your mistakes, by averaging out the lighting.Meter it and bracket in 1/2 f-stops....Show more

Jamika Gregorio: Thanks for the link. The film is 120 Provia 100f and Ektachrome 100. If all goes well, I'll probably pick some for 35mm, though. Also, I will be using either a spot meter, center weighted meter, or multi-segment meter.

Floy Fague: I have found that an incident meter works best. If you use a spot meter then you! can expose for the highlights as long as they are not way brighter than the overall scene. I use spot meters, however, I prefer to use a incident meter if I can get myself into the same light that is illuminating the scene.You also might do a search for Zone System for Slides, etc."How exactly would this work if I were photographing a typical landscape under bright sunlight? Wouldn't the sky be blown out, and/or the foreground be pitch black?"Yes. Keep in mind if you are faced with that kind of landscape you are going to have to have a Graduated Neutral Density filter. Slide film has very little lattitude.http://www.mountainlight.com/filters.html....Show more

No comments:

Post a Comment